The following is a guest post by the lovely Alex, who has been so kind as to share with us an awesome recipe! And now after reading this, I must make some for myself! This Post does contain affiliate links.
Hi!! I’m so honored to be able to share a little something with each of you today!
One thing I’ve certainly recognized recently is the value of my time! There’s a lot to do every day but only the same 24hrs. I’m guessing if you’re reading this, you can relate? If you’ve answered yes, then listen up!
I’m here to share with you one of my favorite weeknight recipes! It’s hubby and kid approved (and that counts for a lot in my house!) This meal is extremely simple, yet packed with flavor! I owe it all to Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade! The best part? It’s a crockpot meal which means minimal effort and minimal mess but maximum yumminess! Score! (Honestly, I was happy to make it again for the sake of writing this post!) So without further delay…
Introducing: Mojo Chicken with Beans and Rice!
• Boneless, skinless chicken breast
• Goya’s Mojo Marinade
• Yellow rice
• Canned black beans
• Tortilla chips or Cuban bread
*Adjust the volumes of these according to your preferences and needs
1. Add the chicken to the crockpot and cover with the marinade (be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring!)
2. Cover with the lid and turn on high for a few hours (2.5 hours did the trick for me!) The chicken is done when it can be easily shredded.
3. Prepare the rice according to the package.
4. Open, drain, and heat the canned black beans.
5. Serve the chicken, rice, and beans together with either tortilla chips or Cuban bread on the side.
6. Enjoy and then comment below with how you liked it!
PS – If you have leftovers, the shredded chicken can be repurposed for taco night! Yum!
What are your favorite, go-to meals on the weeknights?
My name is Alex and I write a blog about the things I love, my family, and my faith. I’m 24 years old, happily married, have two babes under the age of two, and I love my coffee! Life is full but lovely! You can find Alex at hearthomeandhope!